Saturday, January 25, 2014

Snow Day Mk. 2

This morning we were supposed to get up at 4 am for a two-and-a-half-hour drive to Andover, New Jersey, where Pongu and I were entered in a Rally trial.

But, instead, I sent in a cancellation notice late last night and this morning we slept in, because there was two to four inches of snow forecast for the afternoon and that particular drive is a long and, in places, winding trek that I did not feel confident about braving in adverse weather. Also, it was a double trial in a single-ring facility, meaning that we'd leave in the dark and get back in the dark. ALSO also, I smashed the passenger side-view mirror on our car recently, because I am the greatest driver in the entire world.

In all, it just didn't seem worth the stress or risk. So we sacrificed the entry fees and stayed home and just played in the snow instead.


Pongu and I did some heelwork; Crookytail and I practiced our (extremely slow and clumsy) front crosses; both dogs played several rounds of "Find It" with treats in the snow. And later, when other dogs came into the park, they wrestled and chased and played keep-away with tennis balls too.


I think Pongu was just as happy to take a snow day as go off and compete. And for Crookytail, no question, playing in the snow beats staying at home bored any time.


Tomorrow, however, it is not supposed to snow any more, so Pongu and I will endeavor to pick up another triple Q or two. I don't want to waste all our entry fees. Trial weekends are expensive!

No comments:

Post a Comment