Monday, April 9, 2012

Adieu to the Burnout Babies

On Friday we bid the Burnout Babies farewell.

Cerise got adopted by a very nice family who saw her videos on Youtube, fell in love, and drove two hours from New Jersey to adopt her. She is going to live on a mountain (who knew they even had mountains in New Jersey? Not I!) with four dogs next door to play with.


Razz remains in foster care, but I'm confident she'll find a forever home soon. She's too good not to.

A part of me wishes that I could have kept Razz a little longer to continue working with her (and, selfishly, because it's a lot easier to handle one puppy than two, if only because the potty messes are halved), but lack of time and lack of space dictated that she move on.

In the future, whenever possible, I won't take fosters with a fixed time limit. It's just not the best way to do things. At all.

But what's done is done, and this ends the Burnout Babies' chapter here.


Pongu doesn't miss them a bit, of course, but I think Crookytail does.


(I like this video. I think the end is poignant. Off they romble, continuing their merry adventures off-screen, and all Crookytail can do is watch them go on without him.)

No comments:

Post a Comment